Hair loss or baldness occurs in men, mostly due to heredity problems or old age. However, for women, loss of hair might occur due to several other factors including the ones as mentioned earlier. Therefore, it is vital to identify why you are experiencing sudden hair loss before you head towards a hair restoration clinic.
Understanding abnormal hair loss:
Sudden hair loss can be a stressful factor for anybody since it is regarded as an essential component of the parameters of beauty or appearance. However, it is worth mentioning that losing 50 to 100 hair strands every day is considered to be normal for an individual. But, if the numbers exceed that or you find clumps of hair every time you brush your hair, it is the time to opt for medical advice.
Common reasons for hair loss in women:
Hair loss is a common phenomenon for a woman, and if you are losing up to 150 hair strands per day, it is normal. This happens because; the hair follicles are constantly producing new hair for every lost strand. However, when the rate of hair production is less than the rate of hair loss, it is known as clinical hair loss, which may be a concern for the individual. Here are some of the common causes of unpredictable hair loss in women:
- Pregnancy or childbirth: Hair loss problems are common during pregnancy and childbirth, because of the hormonal changes in the body.
- Malnutrition: If your body is not getting sufficient amount of nutrients and minerals, you might experience abnormal hair loss. Switch to your earlier diet, if you have recently changed your diet plan to overcome this problem.
- Thyroid: Whether you are undergoing an underactive thyroid problem (hypothyroidism) or a hyperactive thyroid problem (hyperthyroidism), it will affect your hair loss.
- Insomnia or sleep disorders: Insomnia is a common problem, which increases the stress and anxiety of an individual. This results in hair loss, before its due time.
- Medical side effects: Having too many contraceptive pills or anti-depressants can result in hair loss due to hormonal imbalance.
- Excessive heat or exercising: Excessive heat or exercise drains out the moisture and nutrients from the hair follicles, resulting in sudden hair loss.
- Allergies or viral infections: Allergies and viral infections too, might result in itching and abnormal hair loss.
However, the stress induced hair loss, which results in premature hair loss, is a temporary problem, which can be cured with proper diagnosis and medication. But, if you are to blame your genes for the hair loss, the condition is called androgenic alopecia, which cannot be cured and you might have to opt for hair transplantation rockville to regain your confidence.