When to Call a Tree Removal Contractor – Here’s How to Know if Your Tree is Dead or Dying
When do you really get the assistance of a tree removal company? Before you hire such services, the first step is to identify whether or not your tree is dying or already dead.
Most of the time, you can tell if there is something wrong with your tree. Considering all the time you spent admiring it, some things such as moldy growth or brown leaves could be sore to the eyes.
However, it is a bit difficult to determine the extent of trouble that your tree is going through. A dying or dead tree is certainly nothing that you should take for granted. There are several simple steps you have to check with your tree to know what it really needs:
Dying Tree Symptoms
It is a must that you determine first the main difference between a declining and dead tree. There are many instances when sick tree can still be salvaged, yet a dead tree is no doubt a big risk not just to you but also to your property.
Good thing that you will be able to help decrease this risks in just a few seconds.
You can try to do a quick test. With the use of your pocket knife or your fingertip, scratch a twig of the tree. If it is green and moist underneath, it means that your tree is still alive.
If it is brown as well as brittle, there are several steps you can do to inspect it:
- Scratch even more twigs in order to know if there is fresh green below.
- Check for some mushrooms or similar types of fungi that grow at the base of the tree.
- Check the tree’s trunk for cracks, splits, or peeling bark.
- Inspect the tree canopy to find missing leaves, deformed leaves, as well as hanging branches.
- Once you take all these together, all these signs man that your tree is dead. When your tree did not pass the scratch test, with you noticing one or several of those mentioned signs, make sure you contact an arborist at the soonest time possible to give it a look or remove it when needed.
Tips to Save Your Dying Tree
When your tree was able to pass your scratch test, it is good news. The second step is for you to know how and if you can still save the sick tree. A reliable method to do it is through finding a tree removal company dc that can provide diagnosis and suitable treatment plan.